12th International Workshop on Cooperative and Responsible Finance for Development: Call for papers
17th and 18th June 2021, Trento
Euricse announces the organization of the 12th Euricse International Workshop on Cooperative and Responsible Finance for Development. The workshop, organized in collaboration with the Department of Economics and Management of the University of Trento and Federcasse (Italian Federation of Cooperative Credit Banks), with the support of EACB (the European Association of Co-operative Banks), will be held in Trento, Italy on June 17th and 18th, 2021.
The organizers are then inviting papers that explore the following themes:
- New approaches and new institutions for responsible and sustainable finance and investments.
- The role of financial services and local banks for economic success in regional and in global markets.
- The concept and procedures of retaining or establishing the link with local societies.
- Ways to diversify the credit risk of local banks without engendering their support of local communities.
- Research on the management and the special role of cooperative banks in the economy.
- Social venture investments, development finance, climate and green finance based on private investors, both in a global and European perspective, with reference also to the European Green Deal.
- Cooperative and ethical banks’ engagement in social finance to encourage sustainable development and social economy.
- Governance issues for coop and ethical banks deriving from consolidation, de-mutualization, re-mutualization and the use of hybrid structures.
- Searching for fertile ground for the diffusion of the cooperative and ethical banking model: prerequisites, socio-economic coincidence and need within and beyond the European level.
- The post-Covid economy: a new role for alternative finance?
- Fintech and blockchain technologies.
Workshop Scientific Committee
- Silvio Goglio, University of Trento, Italy (chair)
- Yiorgos Alexopoulos, Agricultural University of Athens, Greece
- Giovanni Ferri, Lumsa University of Rome, Italy
- Detlev Hummel, University of Potsdam, Germany
- Panu Kalmi, University of Vaasa, Finland
- Juan Lopez, Federcasse, Italy
- Eric Meyer, Westfälische Wilhelms-Universität, Gemany
The methodology of the workshop is interdisciplinary and integrative. There will be only plenary sessions in order to stimulate interaction, exchange of ideas and debate. The organizers hope that by June 2021 all epidemic problems will be over: in this case the Workshop will be held in physical presence, with the possibility of remote connection (via Zoom) for listeners only. If problem persist, the workshop will only be held remotely.
The Scientific Committee will not only examine the papers by their scientific and innovative value but it will try to achieve a balance between the workshop themes. The accepted papers will be published in the site of Euricse.
A limited number of scholarships designed to encourage participation will be offered. For more details please visit our web site www.euricse.eu or write to organizational secretary firstname.lastname@example.org after February 2021.
All abstracts should be prepared in A4 format (Times New Roman, size 12 fonts, single-spaced) and be no more than 500 words length. Authors’ full title, name, address, organization and email address should be included at the end of the abstract. Abstracts are invited up to the end of December 2020 to the following email address: email@example.com. The Scientific Committee will carefully review the applications and advise the selected authors to extend the abstracts into the full papers, which must be sent to the organizers by the end of March 2021. The authors of accepted papers will be notified by the end of April 2021.
For more information about the Workshop please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.